Hey New girl, firstly, kudos on savings! You’ve started your journey of being financially prudent!! But is saving your money enough?
“Back in the day, I bought a house and raised a family with a salary of just Rs. 25,000”.
“Rs. 100 would get me a full week’s groceries.”
Year on year, the prices of goods and services rise, decreasing the purchasing value of our money. And to add to it, our lifestyle habits and spending patterns actually makes relevant inflation over 8-9% for us.😱
But here’s the good news, what happens when you INVEST your money? It grows, appreciates and compounds. Essentially, increasing the value of your money over time.
Read about compounding: The Power of Compounding
So saving is NOT really growing your money, it’s storing it away which honey is not the smartest thing to do!
So ladies, let’s get down to business!
The 4 pillars of GOOD financial planning are
- Emergency Fund
- Retirement Fund
- Health & Life Insurance
- Planning for your Future Goals
Hold on, they may sound a little scary but THEY’RE NOT! Sharpen your pencils and bring out the calculator, because ladies, we’re getting down to business!
1. An Emergency Fund is essentially your safety net! If something goes wrong or you’re faced with an unforeseen medical or financial emergency, your emergency fund will rescue you. The general rule of thumb is to have 6 months of your family’s expenses parked aside in a liquid and easily accessible investment avenue.
So look no further, LXME’s ultra short term fund best suited for a time duration of 1-11 months and targets a 6% return can be used to build your emergency fund (better than Savings Account). Easy withdrawal ensures your money is accessible whenever you need it.
2. A Retirement Fund is going to ensure you maintain your lifestyle and can pay for your expenses even post earning an income. So the earlier you start building that retirement corpus, the larger it’s going to be.
Wondering how much you should be saving up for retirement, check out the Retirement calculator. Click here
Pro tip: To invest for your retirement, start soon, stay invested and target returns of 14%* with the LXME Long-term Plan and 15% with the LXME Equity Fund. Start here: My Money Tab
3. A Health & Life Insurance is a MUST ladies, we cannot stress this enough! Getting the right plans for you and your family ensures you are ready to tackle any emergency that comes your way. You don’t want to break the bank in case of a medical emergency and lose all your savings!
Wondering where to start and which policy to buy? Just create a post on the BeingLXME community and tag the LXME Money Coach or drop a comment. You can also get in touch with us at 02916661010 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Read more here: Are you making these excuses while getting insurance?
4. And lastly, plan for your goals whether it’s a beautiful house by the beach, getting into your dream college, or investing for your child’s future; your goals need money and we’re here to see you achieve them! Check out our long-term, short-term, long-term, equity and debt plans here: My Money Tab
And that’s it, New girl! Turn your dreams into goals and plan for them! As you grow to be financially independent, you can look to acing one goal at a time with us right besides you.
Now remember, the LXME account opening is Easy peasy lemon squeezy, takes only 5 mins AND you win reward points worth Rs. 10,000, that you can save on your favourite brands like ClearTrip, Sugar Cosmetics, MyGlamm, Lifestyle and many many more!
Smart Money October 5, 2022
10 Demons To Kill This Dussehra
Dusshera is one of the major Hindu festivals that also symbolizes the end of Navratri. The festival is celebrated as the victory of Lord Rama over Ravana. It also marks the triumph of Goddess Durga over the demon Mahishasura. So this festival symbolizes killing demons or destroying negative and bad habits we have in our […]
Smart Money September 27, 2022
Hacks to plan for a budget-friendly vacation!￼
In today’s world, everyone’s life is full of adventure, so there needs to be some relaxation along with fun in life. So, in order to release all day-to-day stress, one needs a break from their daily routine to refresh our mind. One such time is when Raj and Simran decided they needed a break from […]
Smart Money September 6, 2022
How To Invest & Build In Emergency Funds
Radhika: I am facing financial stress as there is a sudden unfortunate medical emergency. Apurva: Didn’t you have any emergency funds for such a crisis? Radhika: No! What do you mean by the emergency fund? You know what, I had to dig out money from my long-term investments. I am worried about how to tackle […]