Welcome to a financial crossroads where the question echoes louder than ever: “What to do with excess cash?” In a world of financial possibilities, managing surplus funds demands strategic wisdom. In this guide, we unravel the smart moves and investment pathways to ensure your excess cash becomes a catalyst for financial growth. Let’s embark on a journey to optimize your wealth and make your money work for you.
In India, during festivals, we receive lots of gifts, cash, and bonuses. And we as women and girls receive lots of cash during Raksha Bandhan and Bhai Dooj from our brothers and we end up spending that cash on shopping or buying any particular luxury. Don’t we girls?
So, now a question might pop up in your mind, what should we do with the excess cash we’ve received?
Here are 4 effective ways to use this excess cash:
1. Fund your emergency reserves
– To manage any sudden or unexpected expenses one should create an emergency fund, which is equivalent to 6-8 months of monthly expenses so that in the future you don’t have to pressurize your savings.
– Sometimes saving for 6-8 months of expenses can be overwhelming which might lead us not to create the fund and ignore the same till an emergency arises.
– So, this can be an opportunity for us to invest your excess cash towards building an emergency fund and secure your future against any contingencies.
– Emergency Fund should be created by investing in highly liquid investment instruments such as Ultra Short term funds, FD, RD, etc. You can invest a high proportion in Ultra short-term funds as they offer high returns as compared to FDs and RDs.
– You can check out LXME’s Ultra Short-Term Plan which is a highly liquid fund with a targeted rate of return of 6% p.a.* (market-linked returns). This portfolio is diversified, well-researched, and curated by experts.
2. Invest towards your retirement
– Many of us ignore retirement planning by saying that we have a lot of time for retirement, however, it’s critical to start early to avoid any financial stress in the future.
– So, this can be an excellent opportunity for us to start planning and investing for retirement.
– Those who have already planned and started investing towards the same then Bravo!! You can add this excess cash and achieve your goal early.
– Check out the LXME’s Retirement Calculator and evaluate the amount you need to invest in order to reach your desired corpus.
– Start investing in LXME’s Long Term Plan which is diversified, well-researched, and curated by experts offering a targeted return of 14% p.a.* (market-linked returns). If you have already invested and you wish to add more funds, then you can use the option ‘Invest More’.
3. Pay off your debt partially or fully
– We take up various types of loans in order to fulfill our life dreams and need to pay a major chunk of money towards EMIs
– You can utilize the excess cash you have to repay your loan partially or fully which will help you to reduce your debt and loans.
4. Get Insurance Cover:
– Insurance is one of the critical financial requirements in order to protect ourselves and our family from uncertain situations.
– One should possess adequate coverage of Term Insurance in order to cover dependents in case of unfortunate demise and Health Insurance in order to cover oneself and family against any medical uncertainty as medical costs are overwhelming.
– So you can utilize this excess cash towards buying insurance or making top-ups in your insurance coverage.
– In case you need assistance in buying Term and Health Insurance Comment “✋” and Team LXME will get in touch with you for the same.
This is how you can effectively utilize the excess cash you receive during festivals or birthdays. Using this cash for your financial goals can aid you to develop your financial capacity. These additional investments are like a cherry on the cake for your goals!
Instead of spending our cash haphazardly, let’s utilize it mindfully!!
If you agree with the above points Comment “✋” and let us know your thoughts about the topic.
If you found this helpful, share this blog with your friends and family!!
Download the LXME app now to start investing!
*Mutual Fund investments are subject to market risks, read all scheme-related documents carefully.
FAQs – Common Questions on What to Do with Excess Cash
Q: What can I do with excess cash in India?
Invest Wisely: Explore diverse investment options, from mutual funds to fixed deposits, to maximize returns.
Tax-Saving Strategies: Consider tax-efficient avenues like ELSS or PPF to optimize your financial portfolio.
Emergency Fund Boost: Strengthen your financial safety net by allocating excess cash to an emergency fund.
Explore Real Estate: Investigate property investment opportunities for long-term wealth growth in the Indian market.
Explore detailed insights on optimizing your excess cash at lxme.
Q: What happens if you have too much cash?
Lost Opportunities: Excessive cash can lead to missed investment opportunities and stagnant wealth.
Inflation Impact: Inflation erodes the real value of cash over time; investing helps combat this loss.
Financial Planning: Too much cash without a purpose hinders comprehensive financial planning.
LXME Tip: Learn how to leverage your surplus funds effectively at lxme.
DOUBLE your MONEY with Mutual Funds | LXME Explained ⬇⬇⬇
Smart Money November 23, 2023
Is SIP better than RD?
In this inflation-bearing world just investing in Recurring Deposits (RD), Fixed Deposits(FD), Physical Gold, Savings Deposits, etc. is not enough as their returns cannot beatinflation. Besides, women are very conservative investors and prefer RD over mutual funds,however, now its time to upgrade ourselves. So, what should one do to get inflation-beating returns and get the … Is SIP better than RD?
Smart Career Smart Money
SMART WAYS TO USE YOUR DIWALI BONUS
It’s always a great surprise to receive that well-deserved bonus during Diwali, after all, Lakshmi ko kaun mana karta hai? But spending that bonus is the trick most of us struggle with. Don’t worry, LXME will teach you how to spend bonus money and how to invest bonus money. Let’s follow the 50, 40, 10 … SMART WAYS TO USE YOUR DIWALI BONUS
Smart Money November 17, 2023
UPI Transfer: How to Recover Money Sent To Wrong UPI Id?
In today’s digital age, UPI has revolutionized the way we handle financial transactions. Thisconvenient and efficient system allows users to send and receive money with just a few taps ontheir smartphones. However, like any technology, UPI is not immune to human error. In some cases,users may find themselves in a situation where they’ve made a … UPI Transfer: How to Recover Money Sent To Wrong UPI Id?