Annual leave aside, the best time to indulge at the end of a harrowing work-week (whether yours or the boyfriend/ husband’s) is the long-awaited weekend. A weekend can be much more than two days of carefree, work-free, alarm-clock-free lazing in front of the idiot box. It is a chance for you to pamper yourself and gear up for the week to come.
Here’s a quick guide on how you can indulge in some much-needed self-care this weekend on a budget:
1. Take to the outdoors. Just step out of your four walls, you city-dweller! It doesn’t have to be a planned excursion of your city – just a stroll in the park, on the beach, or a scenic bus ride. You could even rent a bicycle and amble about a pretty neighbourhood! Feel the grass or just waves underneath your feet. The sea, they say, is a great listener. And grass often soaks up your troubles.
2. Get in touch with your inner artist. Colour distracts you from the daily pressures of life. A combination of art therapy and meditation, adult colouring books offer peace of mind, relief, and a welcome break from routine. Add a layer – try mandala drawing. Don’t have patience for pen and paper? Download an app on your smartphone! Apps such as Colorfy, Pigment, Lake are all excellent with paid feature additions if you may seek to, literally, paint the town red!
3. Keep a diary Writing your thoughts and feelings in a diary at the end of an eventful week is an effective way to understand behavioural patters of people around as well as yourself. It’s also a great way to analyse and perceive without having to listen to standard mansplaining – “stop overthinking yaar!” Not only is it revelatory, penning your thoughts on paper is wonderful therapy. Writing a diary has the potential to make you more self-aware! You don’t have to be Shakespeare to write what you feel.
4. Spa-cial Day A spa-day is any that pampers you physically. A massage, a facial, a pedicure…Get a little extra at the neighbourhood spa and sauna or order one home – now that apps like Urban Clap and HouseJoy, and AtHomeDiva offer the same services at the swipe of a screen and a fraction of the cost. No time or too broke for all these? Just soak up with some epsom salts and lavender essential oil in a bathtub.
5. A quiet retreat Ever wondered what a week at Vipassana (it’s absolutely free) or even an Ayurvedic resort feels like? Perhaps you need more than a weekend to get in touch with your inner core. Some stretching, lots of meditation, and just staying quiet and gadget-free is all the caring you need to mentally, spiritually, and physically restore your inner balance. The practice of self-care is as important as a meeting or a project deadline. While taking time out for yourself may seem difficult at first, it’s always great to find a ritual of retreat. What better way to refuel your energy and refresh your mind this weekend?
Smart Lifestyle July 30, 2022
3 new things on LXME 2.0, just for you. UPDATE App NOW!
Want to take control of your personal finances and grow your money, but don’t know how? 😥 Don’t worry, LXME is at your rescue! Update your LXME App! LXME was born out of a deep desire to see every single woman take charge of her money, make her financial decisions, confidently & independently and to […]
Smart Career Smart Lifestyle Smart Money July 13, 2022
LXME’s 2021 Year in review!
2021! What a year it was, one hell of a rollercoaster with lots of ups and a few downs. With the support of our LXMEs, we’ve been able to accomplish so many things. Let’s take a sweet ride down memory lane and relive some of our greatest achievements this year… → Empowered 80k women in […]
Smart Lifestyle Smart Money April 26, 2022
Financial Goal Planning
Do you ever feel like you’re sleepwalking through life with no real idea of what you want? Perhaps you know exactly what you want to achieve, but have no idea how to get there. That’s where financial goal planning comes in. We all know that setting goals is important, but we often don’t realize how […]