Shreya – Hey Priyanka! How’s everything going? How are you managing as a single mother?
Priyanka – Hi! It’s been a bit hectic. Juggling 2 jobs to support my daughter and myself. It’s tough, but her happiness keeps me going.
Shreya – That’s a lot to handle.
Priyanka – It’s challenging, but I do my best. I want to secure a better future for my daughter.
Shreya – I understand. Have you thought about securing your finances?
Priyanka – I have, but don’t know where to start. Any ideas?
Shreya – I recently came to know about LXME. A platform for women like us who want to take control of their finances. They have Money Coaches who can help you out.
Priyanka – That sounds perfect! I’m connecting with them right away! Thanks!
(Conversation with LXME Money Coach)
Priyanka – Hi, I need help. (Explains her situation) Can you help me plan my financial future as a single mother?
LXME Money Coach – Absolutely! Let’s figure out how you can manage your finances effectively!
Being a single mom comes with its unique set of challenges, and ensuring a secure financial future is definitely a top priority. With commitment, careful planning, and a future-focused approach, single moms can take control of their finances and pave the way for a stable future.
By empowering themselves with knowledge, seeking support, and making informed decisions, single moms can navigate the financial landscape with confidence and create a brighter future for themselves and their children.
Here’s a simplified guide for all single mothers to get a hold of their financial future-
- Create a realistic budget –
- You can follow the 50:30:20 rule of Budgeting which can help you to manage your income and in turn, help you save money.
- Here, 50% of your income goes towards needs, 30% towards luxuries, and 20% towards savings and investing. You can always customize the percentages as per your needs.
- Plan for the 3 critical goals on priority –
- To attain financial independence, it’s crucial for a single mother to invest for the 3 key goals on priority.
- Start by building an emergency fund. It is the money set aside to manage any unexpected expenses. It should be equivalent to 3 to 6 months’ worth of living expenses
- Develop a retirement plan and review and adjust it at regular intervals for a stress-free post-retirement life.
- Invest in your child’s education to secure their future. To cover the rising cost of education, having a dedicated plan ensures quality education for your child without compromising your financial stability.
- Plan wisely with LXME’s Retirement and Child Education Calculator to determine the required corpus and the amount you need to invest.
- Secure these 3 critical goals through LXME’s goal-based portfolios and start investing now!! Click here
- Ensure your safety with a Term and Health Insurance-
- Protecting yourself and your child is an essential part of a comprehensive financial plan for mothers.
- Health insurance safeguards your financial well-being by covering medical expenses during unexpected health issues while Term insurance provides financial support to your loved ones in case of your death.
- Consider obtaining adequate health and life insurance coverage based on your family’s needs and financial situation.
- Note down the other financial objectives-
- Once your 3 critical goals are in place, Ask yourself? What else do you want to plan for? Are you saving for a down payment on a house, or do you want to plan for a vacation? Setting goals will help you plan better.
- Start achieving your goals effortlessly! Try LXME’s Goal Calculator to plan with ease and precision. Click here to plan for your goals now!
- Plan the investments wisely –
- Choose investment avenues that align with your goals.
- Be a savvy investor and diversify your investments to achieve a balanced investment portfolio that helps you manage risk effectively.
- Check out the LXME app where you can find various goal-based portfolios that are well-researched, diversified, and curated by experts.
- Review your portfolio’s progress against goals.
- Always keep track of your plan. Yearly/half-yearly reviews could be beneficial for keeping track of your progress with regard to your goals. In case there are changes in your goals, you can modify your investment plan accordingly.
Single Moms can achieve financial stability and peace of mind by following these smart investing guidelines and plan their financial future without any hassle.
“Financial independence is the key to a secure future for single moms.”
– Suze Orman
Share this blog with your family and friends if you find it insightful!!
Download the LXME app for more such content!
Smart Lifestyle Smart Money September 21, 2023
Mastering Your Finances: Unleash the Best Budgeting Method for Your Personality
Budgeting is a crucial aspect of financial well-being. It’s not just about crunching numbers; it’s about aligning your financial strategy with your unique personality and preferences. In this blog post, we’ll explore budgeting techniques tailored to different personality types, with a special emphasis on the keywords “best budgeting method.” Whether you’re a free spirit, a … Mastering Your Finances: Unleash the Best Budgeting Method for Your Personality
Smart Money September 20, 2023
Gold Investment Plan: How to start investing in gold with just rs.100?
Ankita: Hey Shreya, have you ever considered gold investments? Shreya: Gold investments? Don’t you need a bigger budget for the same? Ankita: Not anymore! You can start with just ₹100. Shreya: Seriously? Can you give me more information? Ankita: Yes sure! Check out this blog by LXME titled, “Gold Investment Plan: How to start investing … Gold Investment Plan: How to start investing in gold with just rs.100?
Smart Money September 15, 2023
Restarting Your Career After a Break: Tips for Success
Many women go through a career break for a number of reasons. It can be to support their partner by moving locations or to take care of their little ones. A career break is just a pause button that can be restarted whenever you feel you’re ready. However, the time in-between and during this break … Restarting Your Career After a Break: Tips for Success