In today’s world, everyone’s life is full of adventure, so there needs to be some relaxation along with fun in life. So, in order to release all day-to-day stress, one needs a break from their daily routine to refresh our mind. One such time is when Raj and Simran decided they needed a break from their hectic schedule. So they plan to take a trip. Let’s see how they decide and how they ensure proper financial planning for the same.
Step 1: Finalizing the date and destination
The first and foremost need is to decide the place, and there is always lots of discussion required so both Raj and Simran came up with various destinations and at last they finalized to go to Bali so thank god there wasn’t a world war at home but then it was time to decide dates.
– It is very important to select the right dates so savings can be arranged accordingly. Selecting just any date may end up burning a big hole in your savings.
– As we decide the dates, we know how much time we have to save up and create an investment plan as you know whether to have a short-term or a long-term investment plan.
Step 2: Deciding on the mode of transit
– As we now know that it is an international trip it is essential to make wise choices for this.
– Since, Simran wanted to experience the luxury travel they decided to make two plans to compare one with business class tickets and one with the economy.
– Not only flight but its important to consider your commute inside the city. For this, they decided to go with rental scooters for local transit and Cab for to and from airport travel.
– Deciding on these will help you understand the cost and further you can include that cost in your investment plan
Step 3: Considering cost of Passport and Visa if required
– Since they were traveling international Visa and passport charges are important to be considered.
– Raj had a passport but Simran did not which required them to issue one. Since they were planning trips a bit later, they saved on the cost of getting a tatkal passport.
– An Indian citizen who stays for less than 30 days in bali, he or she does not require a visa.
– So they saved on the cost of Visa too.
– Planning prior helps you cut down on cost of documentation too.
Step 4: Considering cost of stay and food
– The next step was to calculate the expense of stays and food. Since Raj and Simran both are foodies but also were financially smart they decided to save up by not including unnecessary meals and exploring the local food and just had a complimentary breakfast every morning to make sure they can roam around and explore more with lesser food stops.
– Not just food but a wise way to save on a vacation is to choose a stay which has basic facilities if you want to explore more.
– However, preferences vary, some might just want some luxury stay and rest in their hotel itself.
– Then they should plan for such stays or hotels prior and do booking in order to plan your finances accordingly.
– If you want to explore the place you are travelling more and save up on the cost then you can choose budgetfriendly stay which will provide you basic amenities.
– Also, try to make sure that the stay you choose is at a central location of the places your visit so you can save on internal travel costs.
Step 5: Consider your bucket List and cost concerning to the same
– With almost all the above things done both started with putting the wishlist things, they had with them in the plan as they found suitable.
– And hence had a final itinerary i.e.route or path ready of where to go and what to do.
– The vacation was on and so was the mood because they had almost every planned and laid out well. Now they had to decide on which proper finances to enjoy all of the above things they had decided.
Step 6: Miscellaneous things we need to make sure
– Now that they had a plan finalized they just fine-tuned a couple of things and figured out any other miscellaneous expenses that might occur and hence plan for an extra fund they might need.
– They also ensured to pack light to ensure avoiding extra baggage charges and also make sure that they don’t shop a lot of pre travel
Step 7: How much to save
– Here they needed to accumulate the corpus amount required so wanted to know the amounts they had to invest per month.
– So they used LXME Goal Calculator to find out the investment amount they had to invest.
– It helps you to estimate the rate of returns you will require to achieve the corpus you need to fund your trip. This will further guide you in choosing the right investment instrument.
– Let’s look at an example approximately Raj and Simran will need ₹2.8 lac for traveling to Bali for 1 week need including everything. So let’s calculate what amount they will have to invest if they are planning trip to Bali after 2 years.
So, here they will need to invest ₹10,500 monthly or ₹2,31,405 lump sum at the rate of 10% for 2 years to fulfill their goal to go to bali for vacation.
Step 8: Lastly executing the plan by investing
– With some time after 2 years they were planning the trip so, they started to plan their investments.
– As they earlier used the LXME Goal Calculator they knew the periodic amount they have to invest and at what rate they will require to achieve the corpus for this trip.
– One of the plans they went ahead with was the LXME Short-Term Plan which is recommended for 1 to 3 years with targeted return of 10% (market linked returns), and it matched their requirements such as time horizon, liquidity and risk appetite.
– You can also go ahead look out for LXME Ultra Short Term Plan which offers higher liquidity and is recommended for 1 to 11 months if you are planning any trip within a year.
Hacks and tips by Raj and Simran to plan for your trip:
1. Plan the vacations in advance so that they get you time to save and not burn holes in your savings.
2. Choosing the right investment plan for savings helps you to make sure that the returns are as required so that you can plan and enjoy your trip without financial pressure.
3. LXME can help you plan for these through various plans it has and utilize different investment instruments available.
Let us know in comment section the hacks you used for planning your budget-friendly vacation!
Smart Money October 5, 2022
10 Demons To Kill This Dussehra
Dusshera is one of the major Hindu festivals that also symbolizes the end of Navratri. The festival is celebrated as the victory of Lord Rama over Ravana. It also marks the triumph of Goddess Durga over the demon Mahishasura. So this festival symbolizes killing demons or destroying negative and bad habits we have in our […]
Smart Money September 6, 2022
How To Invest & Build In Emergency Funds
Radhika: I am facing financial stress as there is a sudden unfortunate medical emergency. Apurva: Didn’t you have any emergency funds for such a crisis? Radhika: No! What do you mean by the emergency fund? You know what, I had to dig out money from my long-term investments. I am worried about how to tackle […]
Smart Money August 30, 2022
What Is Credit Score & How To Improve It￼
Drishti, Senior Engineer, had applied for a home loan but her application got rejected due to low credit score. At the same time, her colleague Ritu also applied for a home loan, and her application was approved and the loan was sanctioned as she had a good credit score. Drishti was curious to know about […]